Monday, August 29, 2011

Living the dream

A wise man (William Shatner) once said "live like you're gonna die....because you're going to." Using this reasoning, I have made the decision that I would like to need to pursue a career as a professional rider/trainer/and possibly instructor. This has been my dream ever since I was a little girl, and I'm not sure whether it was people telling me that I was too smart to just ride, or the seeming financial impossibility of becoming an equestrian professional that dissuaded me, but it has become quite clear that I will not be happy doing anything else. If I don't at least try to make it happen, I will regret it for the rest of my life.

While I'm still not able to train a horse through Grand Prix (though I'm confident that with Doug's help I will get there one day), I can train a horse to walk, trot, canter, jump, and move off the the leg as well as anyone. With most horses in the area being general english or western horses, my abilities suit the needs of potential clients just fine.

This, of course, will require a great deal of planning, and some source of income to get everything started, but I am truly committed to making this happen. If I don't wake up and start living my dreams now, chances are I never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment