Saturday, April 18, 2015

Snack writing

I would like to write more and I've figured out that the only way to actually write more is to...well... write more.

When I was in grad school, I adopted a habit called snack writing for which I would spend 15 to 20 minute time blocks writing scattered throughout the day as opposed to multi-hour writing smorgasbord.  This worked fairly well for the most part until thesis deadlines and massive editing tasks came into play, but I figured for something as low pressure as writing about horses, this strategy should work quite well.



So here is my plan:  Every morning, first thing, spend 15-20 minutes producing a "snack piece" that I will then share with you, my readers. These "snacks" might be training tips, conversation starters, or maybe just weird musings. I'm aware that doing this first thing in the morning will probably lead to some half awake ramblings, but I'm kind of counting on that to add some entertainment value.  My hope is that this will create some inertia that will lead to longer, better, and potentially HorseNation.com worthy pieces

So now that I've awkwardly explained myself, here is your snack of the day for 4/18/15:


Whenever I hear the Lady Gaga song, "Applause," I change the words to the chorus and sing along:

"I live for the dressage, dressage, dressage.
I live for the dressage-sage, live for the dressage-sage.
I live for the way you piaffe and passage.
I live for the dressage, dressage, dressage."

One day I will rewrite the lyrics to the entire and make a music video.  It will be magical!

Go ahead.  Give it a try for yourself. It fits perfectly!





This snack is proudly brought to you by Biz's inner-crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment